Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Extra Special, Multiple Post Oil Extravaganza (Part 4)

This is it. This is the last installment of the extra special, multiple post oil extravaganza and I'm guessing Mrs. Schutte couldn't be happier. She has had to put up with reading my monkey garbage for awhile now and I would just like to say...here's some more.
This installment of the extra special, multiple blog post oil extravaganza deals with solutions to the problem (at least what I think the solution is).

In my opinion.....Baby Steps

My guess is as good as yours (the bitterness may be from my lack of sleep) but I believe the only way to combat the depletion of oil is to lose our dependence from oil completely. Not just from foreign oil (but that's a start, again the bitterness) but from oil all together, foreign and domestic. To do this, we need to start with baby steps. Baby steps could include raising regulations on the minimum gas mileage cars can get by a set year. Again, baby steps.

But eventually... The Big Girl Step... Or The Big Boy Step, whichever

The big Girl step (or boy) we need to take is to find alternative fuels and alternative energies that can power our cars, homes, and factories without the use of oil.

About 2/3 of all oil consumed in the United States is used for gas in automobiles (The Plan 1). So if we could impact the fuel we use in our cars, we could make a very large impact on the way we use oil everywhere.

The link below (in the citation) is a website and a cause founded by T. Boone Pickens (you may remember his commercials). He and his contributers know their stuff and can explain renewable energies better than I can in a 300 word blog. So check it out.

Well I guess that's it. The end of the extra special, multiple post oil extravaganza. I hope you are left feeling either indifferent or at least aware of oil depletion. And also aware of the effects it can and is having on the way the world works. Thank-you and hava a good one.

"The Plan." Picken Plan. Web. 26 Apr. 2010. http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/


No comments:

Post a Comment